Those who own and/or operate row crop operations understand the complexities of agricultural production. Although the general public typically considers agriculture to be a traditional and even slow industry, we know it is rapidly changing and requires constant attention to keep up with government programs, laws, regulations and new technology that affect commodity markets, trade, production and farmland markets.
Things to Consider
The land ownership consultation services at GFM provide you with an analysis on your unique issue to ensure you’re making appropriate decisions to accomplish your business goals. We can help answer questions such as:
- Is my lease equitable for both parties?
- What is my best option in estate planning?
- What can I do to increase profitability?
- How do I develop my farm?
- How do I reduce taxes when selling?
- What is the return on investment for capital improvements?
- How do I reduce grain marketing risk?
- What are my current strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats? (SWOT Analysis)
- How do I participate in conservation programs?
- Am I in compliance with state and federal regulations?
- I have inherited a farm. Now what?
Time and again, we hear of farm operators and landowners who left money on the table due to poorly structured leases, failure to participate in government programs, lack of economic or financial knowledge and other areas in which we specialize. In an industry where there is so much at stake, give us a call to make sure you’re operating at maximum efficiency.